Q. How do I know if something is a good source when doing research?
You need to consider:
- WHY was it published? -- is it trying to sell you something or persuade you?
- WHO wrote it? -- are they an expert? how do you know?
- WHERE did you find it? -- via Google? in a database? in a book?
- WHEN it was written? -- is it out-of-date? is it recent? does when it was published matter in terms of your research question?
- WHAT is the title of the source? -- what information is it conveying? is the information accurate? can you find other sources that verify the information?
- HOW was the source published? -- in a well-known journal or on a reputable website?
Most importantly, is it relevant to your research question?
Was this helpful? 0 0