How can an adult who is working with children from a variety of classes use EPIC with their students?
I am a single subject teacher and my students span several classes. I would like them to use EPIC. How can I do this effectively?
The way to do this is by creating a group within the class.
Each child is associated with a class and will have a CLASS CODE to access their account 24/7.
Each class has an email address and password to enable all the adults who work with those students. access to their classes. If you are at UWCSEA East these can be found here. Please do not share these with students or parents, they only need to know the class code.
As an adult using EPIC you can visit one class that you have students in and create a group within that class.
You can also create book collections in that class. Please prefix any collections with UWCSEA and a meaningful title.
EXAMPLE: UWCSEA - Chinese Books for G3 or UWCSEA - Ms X PSE Collection
Please check that your collection is marked Share with Epic Community. When you have made a collection you can share it with the other classes you teach by using those classes CLASS CODES. This way you only need to make the collection once even though you have students in multiple classes.
You will need to make a group of students in each class that you teach.
Please ask the Teacher Librarian to assist you if you don't have time to do this yourself. Just send the students' names and classes to the TL and they will set up groups for you.
Please share your collections with the library CLASS CODE ehc7829 and we can assign collections to all of your groups.
See the tutorial below to learn how to make a group and assign a collection
1. The first step is to open Log In - Epic and click Students & Educators
2. Click Students & Educators
3. Click Enter Educator Email
4. Use an email to login - Make generic emails and passwords so that multiple adults can login to the same class. (in gmail you can add +***** after the name to make multiple emails that return to the same main email)
Click Log In
5. Go to My Students. Click Roster
6. Click Create Group
7. Type in a Group Name and Click Create
8. Select students to add to group.
9. Click Done
10. Click Collections
11. Choose a collection. Click Assign
12. Click Select Students
13. Click the arrow next to class roster and loctae your group. Click Ms Bs Reading Group
14. Select individual students (or all) to nassign collection to
15. Click Assign to Student
16. If you return to Class Roster you can filter by groups. Example click Ms Bs Reading Group
17. Students access by CLASS CODE. They have one class code for all of there groups, classes, single subjects. Click CLASS CODE
18. Click highlight
19. Click highlight
20. When they access their account they will be invited to any new assignments. Click Let’s Go!
21. They can also access assignments from their mailbox. Click highlight
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **